13 December 2015

PRATICAL OSLO TOUR GUIDE


Whenever I travel, I always try to do some research about the place I'm going to. I look for informations where I should sleep, eat or even the most basic ones like how to get to the city centre from the airport. Have you ever been confused about things like that? No worries, I'm going to help you, that's why today I want to show you my pratical Oslo tour guide based on my own experience.


HOW TO GET THERE

I arrived in Oslo by plane with Norwegian airlines (free wifi on the board was awesome, thanks for that!) and the lenght of the flight was about 2 hours. It is really easy to get to the city centre of Oslo from Oslo airport. The best way is to use train. The Flytoget Airport Express Train departs from Oslo Central Station every 10 or 20 mintues and duration to the city centre is about 20 minutes. You can buy tickets in the tickets machine or in kiosk. I paid 90 NOK for my student's ticket. 


WHERE TO SLEEP

I slept in the First Hotel Millennium which was a part of a set (Norwegian airlines have an offert that you can buy a flight with hotel) and I can highly recommend it. Good condidtions for pretty nice price and good location in the centre of Oslo - 5 minutes on foot from Karl Johans gate and 10 minutes on foot from Akker Brygge. Could it have been better?

WHERE TO EAT

I have to say that I'm a food snob and I like good food. I just don't want to lose my money for some shitty meal, I look for places where locals eat and I also like trying regional food. I read a lot of good reviews about two restaurants and one cafe. After eating there I can definately recommend them too. 


The first one is Fiskeriet, located at Youngstorget. The place serve fish and seafood. I ordered "Taste of Norway" which included two different types of herring and smoked salmon. It was so yummy!

The second one is Delicatessen, a tapas bar, located in few different areas of the city. I visited the one on Akker Brygge. I won't lie if I say that it was one of the best tapas I've ever had. I needed to wait few minutes in the lines for a table, but it was worth it. I decided to order reindeer steak, French beans, bread with aioli, beef, tortilla de patatas and Crema Catalana. I know, sounds like I would have eaten a lot, but I split all these meals and don't forget it's tapas, so it wasn't so big ;).

The last one is chain cafe - Kaffebrenneriet. Coffee was really good there and not so pricey. Some people were recommending to buy kanelbole (something like a sweet roll with cinnamon) so I did it and yep, next thing stole my heart.


I hope you have some useful informations about Oslo now. If you're interested what you should see in the Norwegian capital or how to be responsible with money there, just stay tunned - I'm going to write about it in the next posts.

Do you have any questions about Oslo?

Love,
https://www.facebook.com/cravingfortravelbloghttps://instagram.com/cravingfortravelblog/https://www.pinterest.com/blogcravingfort/https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/craving-for-travel-14548257

No comments:

Post a Comment